As our family gathers to remember the faithfulness of the Lord in 2016 and also lay out some goals and plans for 2017, some specific thoughts stood out to me.
- God is always good.
- We don’t know what the future holds, but we know Who holds the future; and He is faithful!
- The worst thing that can happen to me is for me to have my own way (Proverbs 1:30-31).
- God’s Word is a refuge for us.
- “Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all they getting, get understanding. Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life.” Proverbs 4:7, 13
- “Your attitude will determine your altitude.” Trust the Lord, and soar to new heights!
- Goals are important. But it is equally important to hold those goals with an open hand. Let the Lord lead.
- We have time for everything we’re supposed to do. If God calls us to do something, He will supply the time and energy. “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19
May you know the blessings of the Lord as you seek, trust, and serve the Lord in 2017! Happy New Year!